1.9K views

Financed Furniture bought at Haverty's through Citifinancial.However, they didn't mail a statement until the 1st bill was late so they charged a $39 late fee and finance charge, after we went to Haverty's and told them we haven't got a bill yet- they said don't worry- you will!!

Yes- we did FINALLY- What a great deal- it was suppose to be no interest until 2011- so much for that.

Charged a late fee before we even get a statement- I say that is a scam.Don't fall for it- they waste no time screwing it up so you will pay interest, like not mailing the statement until the payment is late.

Comments

So when gemoney bought out havertys accts some accts duplicated and stayed with citifinancial and it show as charged offs for yall ? I just need to know cuz there's one reporting on my acct but I have no knowledge of ever taking a one month secure loan ...but I did finance havertys furniture but paid everything off with ge money cause that's where my payments were supposed to go when I got the letter ge money were taking over the accts . I just need to know

It's not fair for anyone to point fingers and post that one should pay their bills.I did not receive a statement from Chase bank.

I never pay my bill late because once I receive it, I schedule it online. Therefore there is truth that these people didn't receive it on time or not at all. These companies make money on these late fees and interest. It is not to their advantage for you to pay it off or to pay on time.

Moreover, another credit card that I had; Bank of America assessed a $59 annual fee after a couple of months after paying the balance off.

They want their money somehow.They are all out to rip off the consumer.

I made my full payment within the twelve month period.Citifinancial didn't apply the payment until the day after the due date; and charged full interest of $410.

I refused to pay it; disputed it; went to the State Attorney, Credit Bureaus, etc.

I could not get it resolved.I now have to pay, because they keep extending the date updated, so that the 7 years keeps extending.

#282098

i hate haverty's , ge money and citi card! I am trying to stop an automatic payment from my account that i set up with citi and now that harvertys converted to ge money. no one can help me!!!!!!

they all suck!

You know when your bills are due. Pay on time as you agreed or you will have to pay extra interest. There are several people who cam on here and stated paid no problem!!

And by the way, to the people on this board calling me a deadbeat for not paying my bill on time ..

. as I mentioned before, my account was bought by another company. It wouldn\'t have done me a bit of good to send a payment to a company that no longer owned my account. So don't give me this *** about personal responsibility.

I pay my bills. We have the right to receive a bill.

We didn\'t.And judging from what I\'m reading on this board, I\'m not the only one that these financing companies has tried to screw.

Same exact thing happened to me at Haverty's.Never received a bill from them, and then all of a sudden started receiving threatening phone calls from them telling me that I'm past due.

I said "How can I be past due when I never received a bill?" They said I had financed my loan through one company and the account was sold to another company. They also said "Pay now or we'll report you to the credit union!"

So what is the lesson learned here?

Never buy on credit from Haverty's.They steal $39 in late fees from you and report you to the credit union without even sending you an invoice.

Brian said: "Also the simple thing is it does not matter why you are late, if you are late then you are in late and default on your contract."

Brian, It's a scam it you don't receive a bill until after the due date.That's the argument here.

Don't blame it on the post office. Citi has an obligation to bill you in a timely manner. There is no reason why you should not receive a bill in less than a week after opening an account. I received my bill and noticed no mention of online payment options on the bill.

I found a way to pay online through a search engine and payed my bill in full. They know *** well that most people pay their bills online now.

They make it inconvenient to pay on purpose.In my opinion Citi is just another example of Wall Street greed.

A CLASS ACTION SUIT?!?!? GMAFB!

Keep track of your finances and open your mail...pay your bills and you won't have to worry about late fees and interest!

I've never had a problem with my Citi account that was opened when I financed through Haverty's.I can also say that I inquired about where and how to make payments before I ever left the store.

The customer service person there gave me the Citi Financial toll free number so I could call myself to ensure that my payment was received on time.

I can see how receiving a statement after payment was due can be frustrating, but you knew when you made the purchase.Keeping track of the time frame between the purchase and 30 days isn't rocket science.